Wednesday, July 22, 2020

WHATS A PARENT TO DO?

"This is my son, Connor. He  got a huge dose of reality yesterday on what happens when you bully another kid and threaten to "beat their ass".

Long story short, he was bullying someone who is the nicest kid I've ever met. He made that child not want to live anymore and feel unwanted. My child, my own son, made fun of him, taunted him, threatened him, and belittled him to the point where he had enough. This young man stood up for himself and sent me a message on Facebook, along with screen shots, of what my child was doing to him. 

Instead of being the parent who turned a blind eye, I took action and notified the other child's mother that was also involved in this bullying act. Between her and I, we became a force to be reckoned with and that's when the scared straight tactic went into place with the help of Corey Anderson and the Louisiana Police Department. 

Corey, who is running for the Pike County Sheriff's seat, took this very seriously and even went in on his day off to get this sorted out. After 5 hours of interrogation, with the help from us moms, wearing jump suits, having the bullied child and his mother come to the station as well, being placed in holding cells, being cuffed, and picking out cold TV dinners for food, the reality of their actions sunk in. 

The time has come for tough parenting to come back and these kids who act like Barney Badasses need to know the consequences of their actions and words! I have taken away phone, XBOX, and going to the Pike County Fair. They are not allowed to be up past 10:00 anymore and they are now going to be woken up at 7:30 to start the day working. I'm going to call local churches to see if they need volunteers to clean so he can learn the value of a hard days work. 

I always told my children that they get one get out of jail free card with me and that's it. Connor used his at 14 years old. I told him the next time he will sit in jail and figure out his own way on how to get out. 

I'm not raising bullies!!!

Thank you Corey Anderson for your time and the way you handled this situation yesterday. You will always have my vote!!!"

OVERHEARD ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment