Friday, August 7, 2020

OVERHEARD ON FACEBOOK

"Someone just posted a photo of a guy arrested for robbery back in the 1930s, which inspired me to post these pictures. This is my dad's cousin. I found the photos from the early 1930s on a genealogy website and was surprised to discover that the cousin had been in prison. He came from a wealthy family, but ended up taking up burglary, and was locked up in the state penitentiary. After serving his time, he worked in the restaurant industry. I've often wondered about him ... so handsome and lots of advantages, but ended up on the wrong road. His description said he had a scar across his face, but I can't see it ... must have led a rough life.   I also wonder why he never married ... he died in his 50s ... the family never talked about him."

No comments:

Post a Comment